Just in time for your sayonara to summer: Two new varieties of Meijer beer brats made with
Short’s beer. And make no mistake, you can definitely taste the beer in these brats. The combination is deliciously subtle and unmistakably Short’s. Look for both exclusively at Meijer at the full service meat counter.
Huma Lupa Licious
How to Prepare
Grill over medium heat for 18-25 minutes or until no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°F. Garnish Soft Parade Brats with a balsamic glaze. Garnish Huma Lupa Licious Brats with horseradish mustard.
Need Some Delicious Sides for Your Delicious Brats?
Try this Grapefruit-Fennel Salad with your Huma Lupa Licious Brats:
• 1 Fresh fennel bulb, thinly sliced
• 2 Tbsp Fennel fronds (tender green part from the top)
• 1 Large ruby red grapefruit, pith, peel and seeds removed, cut into wedges
• 2 Tbsp True Goodness® by Meijer™ Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
• Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, toss fennel slices and fennel fronds, grapefruit with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place salad on a platter.
Try this Grilled Peach-Arugula Salad with your Soft Parade Brats:
Grilled Peach- Arugula Salad
- 1 Small head of Radicchio, cut in quarters with stem left intact
- ½ cup True Goodness® by Meijer™ Organic Balsamic Vinaigrette, divided
- 2 Ripe peaches, cut in half
- Olive oil to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch Organic arugula, washed and torn (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup True Goodness® by Meijer™ Organic Crumbled Blue Cheese
- ½ cup True Goodness® by Meijer™ Organic Seasoned Croutons, crushed into large crumbs
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Toss radicchio in ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Brush peaches with a small amount of olive oil; grill flesh side down for 2 minutes, turn ¼ and grill for an additional 2 minutes. Cut into wedges. Set aside.
- Season radicchio with salt and pepper and grill 2 minutes per side or until it develops a nice char, set aside.
- Arrange arugula on a platter.
- Place grilled peaches and radicchio on arugula.
- Spoon ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette over salad.
- Top with blue cheese and crushed croutons.