In 1963, Italian brewer Rudy Peroni saw an opportunity to be the first European to create a truly superior beer that deserved to wear the Nastro Azzurro (Italian for “blue ribbon”). After several attempts, he created what would become the brewery’s most famous export – Peroni Nastro Azzurro – a well-balanced, crisp and refreshing pale lager that showcased a biscuity, crackery malt character highlighted by a floral and spicy hop profile.
Peroni Nastro Azzurro is still brewed from the original recipe, including the finest European hops and a carefully lengthened brewing process that creates an intensely crisp and refreshing taste. Nastro Azzurro is truly a birra superiore – a beer of the highest quality.
The delicately spicy but sweet taste of Peroni Nastro Azzurro goes great with seafood or chicken, and is an ideal choice to serve alongside this quick and easy recipe made with a Meijer rotisserie chicken:
Chicken, Brie, and Pear Flatbread
- 1 (14oz) Pizza dough, thawed
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Chicken breast from Meijer Deli rotisserie chicken, thinly sliced
- 4 oz Brie cheese, sliced
- ½ cup Baby spinach
- 10 slices Bartlett pear, thinly sliced
- Flaked sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a well-floured work surface, roll dough into a 14-inch circle and brush with oil. Transfer to a baking stone or sheet. Bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven and top with chicken, Brie, spinach, and pear. Return to the oven and bake until crust is golden and the cheese just begins to melt, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and honey and whisk briskly until emulsified, about 1 minute.
- Drizzle the dressing over the flatbread and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Slice and serve.